Digital Painting and English Roses

I've been spending any free time this week working on my iPad using digital painting techniques. I reckon I must have thousands of photos so it's good to be able to work with them and make at least some earn their keep. The technique involves starting with a photographic image but then transforming it into something much more painterly. I think it worked quite well with this study of two little china jugs. I've worked 2 versions of this and the next step will be to print the nicest to fabric and add some stitch.


I've demonstrated the digital painting step by step in this week's DMTV video workshop which is online now.

Meanwhile I've added some new designs to the Fingerprint Store. We launched these lovely rose fabrics at Festival of Quilts and with summer now just a memory I thought it was about time they were available in the online store.


I just love how packed they are with dusty pink petals. I reckon they'd make a beautiful set of cushions. Fat quarters are £6 each and shipping is free worldwide. You'll find these and some other new designs over in the store. Here's a link if you'd like to take a look.



Thanks for dropping by.
Laura
x

Comments