More drawing and monoprint

I've been away from the blog for a few days, but only because I've been working hard. There's a new quilt in the making, but I'm keeping it under wraps for now. Alongside I've done a bit more drawing...



And a lot of monoprints. If you subscribe to DMTV then you'll recognise some of these pear prints from this week's show.



I love monoprinting. Like a lot of printmaking methods, the results just have a very special quality. In the DMTV video I demonstrate how to use reductive techniques to create a design and I experimented with using a Gelli plate. Normally I'd use a piece of perspex or sheet of acetate, so it was interesting to compare the Gelli plate. I liked it, although I'm not sure how long it would last as the surface is rather delicate and I reckon it'd damage quite easily. That said the prints lifted from it beautifully. 


My evenings this week have partly been spent going through the prints, editing and selecting. I've actually kept most of them as they are with just a few rejects that I'll use for collage. As you can see I was having a black and white moment, but I'm planning on adding colour and working into these prints next.


Coming up next week on DMTV we'll take things a step further and experiment with stencils. Here's a preview of some of mine. As you can see these ones have already been added into my sketchbooks. They're just sitting looking at me now and waiting for the next stage!



Subscribe to DMTV today for access to over 30 inspirational videos with new content added regularly.

Comments

  1. I love all these and enjoyed the video so much. I've bought myself some sheets of gelatine to try some out first!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment